10+ things you absolutely need to do while in Israel
If you do, it will change you. For real.
We lived in Israel for over a year, had some amazing weekend getaways, trips, and hikes, we had guests over and toured them around this country numerous times. Fell in love with what this country has to offer. Some of it. Not all of it. It really is a complicated place – black and white do not exist here. For a visitor that is..
Based on what I’ve seen I came up with a list of the things to do – places to see, cities to visit – while you’re in Israel – to really get the taste of this country.
It really is a short list and a long one too at the same time – depending on how much time you have. If not much – you’ll have to prioritize 🙂 If you’re lucky and are able to spend much more time in Israel, then the list can go on – with all the museums and theaters, and shows, and all those cities and national parks… It really can go on!
If you’re interested in a settling in process – go HERE and read about it some more:)
So here we go – 10+ things you absolutely need to do while being in the Holy Land:
1. Get the taste of Jerusalem.
Eat, smell, watch, listen – you’ll be amazed! Old City, Jaffa Street, David’s Tower, Western Wall, Mount of Olive, Mahane Yehuda…. I could spam this post with tens of pictures – I won’t! You’ll have it soon enough in a dedicated article:) For now – just take a look at some of the Jerusalem finest:
2. Wander around Tel Aviv.
It really is a completely different world – comparing to Jerusalem. Some call it New York’ish 😉 Amazing vibe, lots of museums, restaurants, the sea, Carmel Market – this city has it all!
3. Go to the desert – it’s almost half of Israel’s territory – maybe see Makhtesh Ramon?
4. See the world from the Fortress of Masada:
5. Discover the grottoes of Rosh Hanikra. It’s literally on the border with Lebanon. You cannot cross it though..
See all the seas – all 4 of them!
6. Swim in the Red Sea – go to Eilat and swim with the dophins! 🙂
7. Float in the Dead Sea – be aware of danger though – sulfur and sinking holes – it’s not a joke.
8. Sea the Galilee Sea – just do it 🙂
9. Chill at the Mediterranean Sea:
10. Go and visit one of many National Parks:
Visit Palestinian Autonomy. You cannot not do it while you’re there. It gives you the whole picture:
13. Hebron – more about HEBRON here
14. Visit Jordan – it’s really the next door neighbor – and the country will leave you speechless – Petra, Wadi Rum, Amman – you name it:
That’s it for now. So you see – it’s just a small portion of what you can see and do in Israel, but an amazing portion 🙂 If there’s anything you’d add that you enjoyed in Israel – please share in the comment section. The list is pretty much informatory for now, but soon all the paragraphs will get their own articles on the blog, so stay tuned:)
49 2 111